On March - 12 - 2011
Josephine County Sheriff’s Office call logs: All factual data is derived from police report record logs provided by Josephine County Sheriff’s Office. All charges are pending and can be amended or dropped.
- Theft of a license plate from a vehicle parked near Selma Open Door was reported.
- Charges of restraining order violation were referred to the county DA after a report that a woman in Kerby had been assaulted.
- A woman complained that while on her powered wheel chair on Caves Hwy. she was “pushed” by contact with a pickup truck.
- Andrew Joseph Robert Augustadt, 19, was cited on a charge of speeding (40 mph in a 25 mph zone) on S. Junction Avenue at E. Lister Street around 2 p.m.
- Contacted at Jubilee Park, Richard James Roy, 41, was cited on a charge of probation violation. His Blood Alcohol Content was listed as .12%
- Steven Duane Baldwin, 33, was cited on a charge of speeding (68 mph in a 45 mph zone) on Redwood Hwy. at Lister Street.
- Reporting a break-in at a pub on N. Redwood Hwy. at 12:04 a.m., a caller noted that two people were inside an adjacent restaurant. The pair fled and deputies were unable to locate them.
- Two men were cited on charges of pedestrians failing to yield to vehicles (yes, that’s what it said) on S. Redwood Hwy. in Downtown CJ.
- Rebecca LeannMcDowell, 30, was cited in the 200 block of S. REdwood Hwy. on a charge of driving with a suspended license. Her vehicle was impounded.
- At 6:23 p.m. a caller reported contacting an individual on Eight Dollar Mountain Road who gave the caller the impression that he was unsafe in the area because he was not a miner.
- A one-year-old child was found to have been playing with the phone from Honeybee Lane at 7:21 p.m.
- A white, Buick four-door was reported stolen from the parking lot of a bar in Selma at 1:32 a.m.
- On Caves Hwy. near Laurel Road, Kandi Lucile Crow, 60, was cited on a warrant charging contempt of court and warned for operating an unsafe vehicle (cracked windshield).
- William Barreras, 66; and Steven Flloyd Collins, 56; were each cited on a charge of alcohol on public premises in the 100 block of S. Redwood Hwy. at 11:07 a.m.
- Jeffrey Allan Staab, 42, was cited on charges of failure to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk and using a cellphone while operating a motor vehicle on E. Watkins Street at Caves Avenue at 11:26 a.m.
- ROnald LEroy Satterfield, 38, was cited on a Jackson County warrant charging failure to appear on a charge of DUII.
- A Deer Creek Road resident reported graffiti on a fence.
- A fellow was said to be standing in the middle of Watkins Street, waving a jacket and leaping in front of cars.
- John Edward Luerding, 42, was cited on a charge of speeding (70 mph in a 45 mph zone) near mile marker 20 on Redwood Hwy. at 8:05 p.m.
- A tree was down across Caves Hwy. in the 7000 block.
- Michael J. Havens, 52, was cited on a charge of speeding (58 mph in a 45 mph zone) on Redwood Hwy. at mile marker 32 at 12:52 a.m.
- Gregory Wayne Sampley, 58, was lodged on a charge of second-degree trespass at Jubilee Park. Also, he was cited on a charge of alcohol on public premises.
- Potting soil was reported stolen from a fenced enclosure in DOwntown CJ.
- In the 30000 block of Redwood hwy. a caller said his neighbor had threatened to killed him after the neighbor’s dog attacked his dog. HE wanted it documented for information
- A formerly white vehicle, thought to be a Buick, was found burned and abandoned at the end of McMullen Creek Road.