On April - 14 - 2011
Josephine County Sheriff’s Office call logs: All factual data is derived from police report record logs provided by Josephine County Sheriff’s Office. All charges are pending and can be amended or dropped.
- Loud music from a residence off S. Old Stage Road was rattling windows at 11:29 a.m.
- Just before 2 p.m. a caller at Jubilee Park said a kid was throwing rocks at her and her friend. She did not require medical attention, and was not going to press charges.
- Loud music was coming from the residence nearby, a Takilma Road caller complained at 3:19 p.m.
- “Extensive damages” were reported after a vehicle was struck on a parking lot on W. Watkins Street in Downtown CJ. Witnesses described the hit-and-run vehicle as a gray van with blue stripes, which dragged the caller’s vehicle several feet.
- Wen Huan Chen, 20, was cited on a charge of driving with a suspended license (DWS) in the 23500 block of Redwood Hwy. at 9:59 p.m.
- Jeaninne D. Row, 27, was cited on a charge of speeding (55 mph in a 45 mph zone) in the 19000 block of Redwood Hwy. at 10:31 p.m.
- No reason was found for an alarm which activated at Illinois Valley Building Supply at 1:38 a.m. It was suspected that a trespassing animal might be to blame.
- On Three Mill Road a caller said that someone let loose his dogs from leash and kennel.
- A real estate agent working with a foreclosed property in Selma said the neighbor refuses to allow anyone to use the shared driveway due to a property line dispute.
- On Rockydale Road near Redwood Hwy. at 8:47 p.m., Lacey Lee Davis, 26, was cited on a charge of speeding (75 mph in a 45 mph zone).
- Three teenaged persons were discovered to have trespassed at a Caves Hwy. residence and “partied.” The homeowner asked that the youths be contacted and advised of the crimes they’d committed.
- Bonnie Jean Komp-Ellison, 76, was cited on a charge of failure to obey a traffic control device (FTOTCO; stop sign) on Old Stage Road at E. River Street at 2:34 p.m.
- In the 25000 block of Redwood Hwy., Charles Derieft Brooks, 63, was lodged in county jail on a warrant charging failure to appear on a charge of second-degree criminal trespass.
- Some 100 checks were report taken from a residence on Schumacher Street, a caller said.
- Jerry Lee Clark, 58, was cited on a charge of failure to wear a seatbelt on S. Caves Avenue at 1:49
- At 2 p.m. on S. Hussey Street , Fredrick Lyndsey Wheeler, 63, was cited on charges of driving uninsured and no operator permit. His vehicle was impounded.
- David Scott Conas, 44, was cited on a charge of DWS at Illinois Rive Forks State Park at 2:@8 p.m.
- Stephanie Nahai, 46, was cited on a charge of violation of the basic rule (VBR; driving too fast for conditions) on Patton Bar Drive near Redwood Hwy.
- Mitchell Neal Carpenter, 32, was cited on a charge of VBR (61 mph in a 45 mph zone) on N. Redwood Hwy. at River Street.
- Mihael Adrian Lindauer, 26, was cited on a charge of speeding (73 mph in a 45 mph zone) on N. Redwood Hwy. at 6:48 p.m.
- Around 7:30 p.m., Norah Loretta Latzke, 62, was cited on a charge of speeding (59 mph in a 45 mph zone) on N. Redwood Hwy. in Downtown CJ.
- A man in CJ was warned against telephonic harassment after texting his ex-girlfriend a reported ten times in 20 minutes.
- A witness reported seeing someone pulling on doors at a vacant business in Downtown CJ at 10:52 p.m. A deputy did not locate any sign of entry.
- In the 2000 block of Rockydale Road a caller said that for several weeks some 20 vehicles had been “playing the train game,” driving on a property across the street from his residence.
- At 4:18 a.m. on the corner of Palmer and Kerby streets, a number of loudly intoxicated men seemed to be having some sort of disturbance, much to their neighbors’ annoyance.
- Loud music was “shaking the house’ of a caller on Addison Lane at 2:21 p.m.
- A man who reportedly had been hit in the back of the head at Jubilee Park was transported to Three Rivers Community Hospital in Grants Pass where is was discovered that he was emotionally disturbed, but hadn’t been assaulted.
- Theft of a gray Subaru wagon from a location on Takilma Road was reported.
- Joseph Scott Mason, 20, was lodged in Josephine County Jail on a charge of contempt of court.
- Carl David Bowels, 61, was cited on a charge of DWS in the 24000 block of Redwood Hwy. at 7:55 p.m.
- Michael John Murphy, 23, was was cited on a charge of failure to carry current proof of insurance and warned about nonfunctional trailer taillights in the 29000 block of Redwood Hwy. at 8:$5 p.m.
- Angela Gail Cogburn, 40, was cited on a charge of DWS and warned for failure to maintain a lane, failure to signal and driving uninsured in Downtown CJ at 9:02 p.m.
- A Kerby bar proprietor reported that someone calling himself the “Elf Hunter” was trying to pick a fight and wouldn’t leave.
- Contacted up Reeves Creek Road, Robert Dean Lamb, 44; and Micahel Lee Herrick, 47, were cited on charges of possession of a controlled substance (PCS; less than an ounce of marijuana). Also, Herrick was warned regarding no mud flaps, obstructed windshield, expired insurance and open container.
- Close to $2,300 was lost on N. Redwood Hwy. after someone drove out from under their wallet, which had been on top of a car with funds from a recently cashed student loan check. The wallet and some $120 were recovered.
- All parties were advised of their options after a family disturbance became a shoving match reported at 10:26 a.m.
- After a Selma bartender refused to serve an intoxicated man he headed out in his pickup truck toward Grants Pass, she reported. Several more callers made note of an apparently intoxicated driver before the vehicle was stopped at the Wilderville truck scale. Douglas Wyatt Copeman, 69, was cited on a charge of DUII. His vehicle was impounded.
- Former tenants were causing a disturbance on S. Sawyer Avenue, a caller said. Michael Raynaldo Fuentes, was cited on charges of harassment and and trespassed from the location.
- Someone was riding up and down Caves Hwy. on an unlicensed dirt bike, a caller said at 7:44 p.m., and it was disturbing her grandchildren’s sleep.
- After radar clocked a vehicle traveling 86 mph in a 55 mph zone on Redwood Hwy. in Selmaat 10:01 p.m., a deputy noted that after the vehicle stopped he saw the driver move to the back seat while a passenger took his place in the front seat. The driver, Jonathan Fredrick Nemoede, 28, was cited on charges of speeding, DWS and failure to renew registration.
- Theft of bags of soil from Dillon’s Farm & Garden Center was reported after an alarm sounded at 10:04 p.m.
- On W. River Street a caller said that three girls were attempting to provoke her daughter to fight.The subjects were to warned against trespassing.