On August - 15 - 2011
All factual data is derived from police report record logs provided by Josephine County Sheriff’s Office. All charges are pending and can be amended or dropped.JCSO publishes weekly updates on outstanding failure-to-appear warrants. Those updates can be viewed here.
- Extra patrol was requested on S. Kerby Avenue.
- A 17-year-old boy who refused to attend summer school was counseled regarding his behavior and given a ride to Illinois Valley High School from a Redwood Hwy. address south of CJ.
- April R. Stevens, 22, was cited on a charge of no operator permit and driving uninsured in 24000 block of Redwood Hwy. at 12:42 p.m.
- On Hays Cut Off a caller said that someone took out some 35 feet of fencing, caused significant damage. Vehicle left behind its right front headlight.
- At 4:52 p.m. a caller reported seeing vehicles driving in the Illinois River off Finch Road and Westside Road.
- Lucy Elizabeth Stokes, 30, was cited on a charge of VBR, violation of the basic rule/speeding (60 mph in a 45 mph zone) on Redwood Hwy. at Waldamar Road at 5:44 p.m.
- A woman who suffered a broken nose, apparently during an assault by another woman, refused to provide additional information and was given a ride to her residence.
- A Valley resident who claimed to have been poisoned requested that deputies respond and make themselves comfortable in his extra bedrooms. It was noted that the individual was “emotionally disturbed.”
- Several drivers were warned regarding speeding on Holland Loop near a construction zone.
- Another driver caused damage to a parked vehicle on the parking lot at Shop Smart, causing some $500 damage, a caller said.
- Paul Michael Walter Norton, 32, was cited on a charge of driving without a motorcycle endorsement and warned for failure to carry proof of insurance on Hays Cut Off Road at 1:10 p.m.
- Elizabeth Ann Matthews, 37, was lodged on warrants charging failure to appear (FTA) on charges including driving with a suspended license (DWS), a traffic offense and DUII following traffic stop on Takilma Road.
- A report of third-degree criminal mischief was filed after a W. Stevenson Street resident reported that someone shot a hole through her window.
- After failing to yield for a traffic stop for failure to yield when entering roadway, in north cave junction, Lucas Vance Tillett, 23, was Tazed and taken into custody. Tillett was lodged in Josepohine County Jail on charges of first-degree theft and second-degree criminal mischief. He also was cited on Del Norte County warrants charging unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, and FTA on a California PC1551 (fugitive from justice) charge. A report was pending on charges of felony eluding, misdemeanor eluding, reckless driving, resisting arrest, and third-degree escape.
- Anthony Michael Kirkman, 29, was lodged in Josephine County Jail on a warrant charging parole violation on a charge of third-degree rape.
- A man said a that woman he’d lived with for a few days at a residence on Caves Hwy. had kept his belongings and claims not to know him.
- A woman who was refusing to leave a Downtown CJ establishment was warned that she would be arrested for criminal trespassing is she returned.
- Scott Owen Slotnik, 36, was cited on a charge of VBR on Redwood Hwy. at Reeves Creek Road at 9:31 z.m.
- Two counterfeit $50 bills surfaced at South Valley Bank. A long chain of cash payments was established but no definitive source pinpointed. The bills were forwarded to the Secret Service in Portland.
- A skunk, thought infected with rabies, was killed on W. Palmer Street. Oregon Dept. of Fish & Wildlife was notified to pick up the carcass.
- In Kerby a caller complained that her neighbor was tearing down her fence because they built their house too close to the existing property line. IT was deemed a civil dispute.
- In O’Brien a four-year old child was missing for a time. She was found after leaving some buses where she’d been hiding.
- Although it was reported that some 20 intoxicated juveniles were destroying the new playground at Jubilee Park, the complaint was unfounded and all was well 12:45 a.m.
- A Robinson Corner Road resident reported that a large lock of his hair had been cut off, presumably so that someone could use his DNA to frame him for drug trafficking.
- Downtown CJ 1:40 p.m. Galen Eli Aller, 63, cited FTA criminal trespassing, FTA crim citation, and cited on a charge of alcohol on public premises. He was lodged in county jail.
- On N. Redwood Hwy. at River Street, Pamela Jane Purcell, 48, was cited on a charge of VBR, speeding (61 mph in a 45 mph zone) at 5:14 p.m.
- Lisa Joyce House, 51, cited on a charge of no valid operator permit while riding a red scooter on Watkins Street at . 5:31 p.m.
- Dylan Jack Skidmore, 18, was cited on a charge of minor in possession (MIP) of alcohol on S. Redwood Hwy at Watkins street.
- At 5:51 a.m. A coffee kiosk employee said that a man was exposing himself at the drive-up window. The man left, but returned 15 minutes later. She phoned her father, and the man left when he arrived.
- On Illinois River Road a vehicle was ticketed for being illegally parked.
- A caller said that he located some stolen bicyles at an Old Stage Road residence.
- After a report that someone was firing a rifle from a vehicle on Illinois River Road, Robert James Easley III, 19, was cited on a charge of MIP. A report for menacing was filed.
- An assault was reported at Kerby HIgh Pines trailer park at 8:48 p.m. The caller reportedly had facial injuries.
- On Madrona Drive, a caller said that gunshots were beeing fired from a beige Toyota pickup truck.
- Gunshots were reported by a resident in the 900 block of Caves Hwy.
- Juveniles were said dringkng and smoking pot undetr the first bridge south of Cave Junction. A caller said he and his wife were threatneed and told to leave.
- On Redwood Hwy. at mile marker 17, Casey James Payne, was cited on a charge of driving uninsured.
- Tanja Lea, Nicholas, 34, was cited on charge of improper display and failure to carry proof of insurance on Deer Creek Road at 7:32 a.m.
- In O’brien, Brandon Malmgren, 26, lodged on warrant charging selling marijuana.
- Curtis Allan Paulson, 18, cited on charge of failure to maintain a lane after an motor vehicle accident on Junction Avenue near Jubilee Park at 12:55 p.m.
- Disorderly campers at the green bridge off Eight Dollar Mountain Road were threanening others, a caller siad.
- Young people weer making noise at the skate park in Jubilee Park at 10:52 p.m. a caller said. All were contacted and warned about park hours. Their parents warned about failuret o supervise their children.
- Theft of camping items was reported at Lake Selmac.
- Dereld Ray Kisner, 50, cited no valid operator permit and switched plates at Illinois River Forks State Park at 4:04 p.m. The plate was seized.
- Also at the Forks, Honey Jane Walsh, 28, was cited on a charge of DWS. Her passenger, James Walsh, was cited federally for possession of a controlled substance, less than an ounce of marijuana.
- Harry Richard Seebode, 79, was cited on a charge of VBR/speeding (66 mph in a 45 mph zone) on N. Redwood Hwy. at River Street)